Starting a New Food Business
Starting a new food manufacturing business means there are some essential skills and knowledge that you need to have. No matter what type of product you are making, or are planning to make, everyone needs to understand these topics. These are the food business essentials.
To assist we can offer a number of short courses. Each 1 hour webinar focusses on a specific topic and gives you the essential nuggets of information that you need.
Click on the topics below to find out more about what each of the courses can do when starting your new food business.
- Food Safety
- Introduction to Allergen Management
- Mandatory Food Labelling Information
- Implementing & Managing Traceability Systems
- Understanding & Managing Calibration
- Implementing & Managing Quantity Control
- Introduction to COSHH and Chemical Handling
- Date Coding for Food Products
- Labelling Requirements for On-Line selling
- Making Nutrition & Health Claims
- Making “Free From” Claims
- Introduction to Nutritional Labelling
- Introduction to the Modified Atmosphere and VAC Packing Guidance
More information on the essential training courses click on a topic above or the button below.
Training needed as your business looks to expand
When you are looking to expand your business and looking for larger customers you may find that you need to achieve a 3rd party certification or be assessed against a customer’s technical standard. Many large customers require some form of certification as part of their supplier approval programme.
Understanding what these programmes entail can help your business meet the relevant standard.
These short courses help you understand the requirements and then put into practice the procedures that your potential customers expect you to have.
- Introduction to Internal Auditing
- Managing Corrective Actions and Non-Conformances
- Introduction to Root Cause Analysis
- Introduction to Risk Assessments
- Supplier Approval & Management
- Undertaking a VACCP Risk Assessment
- Incident Management & Product Recall
- Allergen Cleaning (Validation & Verification)
- Introduction to Factory & Equipment Cleaning
- Introduction to Engineering Controls in Food Production
More information on the training courses for helping expand your business click on a topic above or the button below.More Info
Short Courses for New Food Businesses
Prices for the Tutored courses are available upon request.
The on-line Webinars are charged at £25.00 (excl VAT) per person.
Contact FBA for more information, to discuss your training needs or to arrange a Webinar.